W3 serversThis is a list of registered WWW
servers alphabetically by continent
country and state. ( About this
See also: data available by other
protocols , data by subject , how
to make a new server , test servers
, automatically collected list of
Home Pages, and What's New . If servers
are marked "experimental", you should
not expect anything. Please see how to send announcements of new servers (or modify your server's description).
- Costa Rica's Research Network
- It's experimental but representative for CRNet
- Commercial Internet service provider in Europe.
Includes links to national EUnet Web servers and various other
- The European X User Group
- EUnet Austria
- Provides email, news and IP connectivity to the general public
and commercial customers
- ACM SIGGRAPH Bibliography
of references on Graphics in computing.
Gatewayed From Hyper-G
- Technical University of Vienna EDV-Lab
Das EDV-Labor der Fakultaet fuer
Raumplanung und Architektur der TU
- Technical University of Graz
service. Gateway to Hyper-G data.
- Free University of Brussels
- The Principia
Cybernetica Project wants to integrate
the whole of human knowledge in a
simple, universal and easy-to-use
See Danish Information servers accessible
via WWW, Gopher or telnet
- Institute of Physics (Division
of Elementary Particle Physics),
Academy of Sciences, Prague.
- Aalborg University
- AUC campus wide information system.
- The Computer Science Department of Aarhus University.
- Information about the resources found on DENet, the Danish Network for
Research and Education.
- Denmark's Technical Library
- The DTB information service includes the
ALIS library database.
- The Danish part of EUnet.
(see also a sensitive map)
- CSC Finland
- CSC (Center for Scientific Computing) is the finnish supercomputer
center located in Espoo, Finland. It is the home of the EMBnet brochure (Biocomputing in Europe)
- Helsinki Technical University
service is a www server of the Student
Union of the Helsinki University
of Techonology. Currently we use
gopher more than www, so www currently
has just links to the gopher tree
and services elsewhere.
- FUNET information
- Finnish Univerity
- EUnet Finland Oy
- EUnet Finland Information
- Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Grenoble
- Centre International de Rencontres Mathematiques de Marseille.
- Conservatoire National des Arts
et Metiers. This is a purely experimental
server in nov 93.
- CPPM Marseille
- Centre de Physique
des Particules de Marseille
- Human Genome Centre
- Lyon, France.
- Institut National de Recherche
- Institut National de Recherche
en Informatique et Automatique: technology
transfers, development of scientific
international exchanges, implementation
of scientific expertise...
- CRIN + INRIA Lorraine
- Université de Rennes1
- CRI de l'Université de Rennes1
- L'Unite Reseaux du
CNRS est un serveur thematique sur les reseaux informatiques et la
- Berlin University of Technology
- Most informations are only of local interest, perhaps with
the exception of the
Map of All German WWW
- Lehrstuhl fuer Kommunikationsnetze,
- DESY unix server
- DESY welcome page.
DESY lab, Hamburg.
- ZEUS experiment at DESY, Hamburg,
Germany. [.At least 1 other server
- Hermes experiment at DESY's
- The Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (German Climate Computer Centre)
is a supercomputing centre for
climate research and provides the German climate
research community with computational, archival and post processing
- EUnet Deutschland GmbH
- EUnet Germany
Networking and Information Services
- Der Fachbereich 17 Mathematik an
der Gesamthochschule Paderborn
construction in nov 93.
- FU Berlin
- Freie Universitaet Berlin,
Fachbereich Chemie (department of
- Institut fuer Mathematik der Uni
- Institut fuer Numerische
und Instrumentelle Mathematik der
- LMU Muenchen
- Technische Hochschule Darmstadt
of Darmstadt. It contains information
about various institutions of the
Uni. Under construction in nov 93.
- Universitaet Bamberg, Wirtschaftsinformatik
- Most of the information is only available in German
- Univ. of Freiburg
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg, Fakultaet fuer Physik
(department of physics)
- Uni Oldenburg
Archie Gateway using Forms.
- Uni Passau
- Das Forschungszentrum
fuer wissensbasierte Systeme (FORWISS)
- RWTH Aachen
- Physics Institutes (experimental in dec 93) , and Computer Science Department
- Univ. of Erlangen-Nuremberg
server provides information about
the departments of computer science,
special research project, services
offered by the institute of computer
science, and other stuff.
- Univ. of Erlangen-Nuremberg Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
- at Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet
Erlangen-Nuernberg (FAU). informations about the
university (history, chairs, ...), about the city of Erlangen and
- Univ. of Bonn
- University of Bonn,
CS dep. no. 5 (offers PPP - the
Internet Point-to-Point Protocol
- faq in html)
- University of Wuppertal
- Bergische Universitaet - Gesamthochschule Wuppertal, Institute of
Applied Computer Science, Department of Mathematics (under construction
in December 1993)
- ZIB Berlin
- The Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum
fuer Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB),
a research institue of the State
of Berlin, opereates in the field
of information technology. R&D on
- Irish Literature archive
- Networking Information regarding
Ireland, and Links to the rest of
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dept of Mathematics
- IONA Technologies Ltd.
- info about
their Object Request Broker software
product and some bits and pieces
of Irish news
- The University of Limerick
on Natural Language Processing and
some research projects in the Department
of Computer Science and Information
- Centro Supercalcolo Piemonte (Piedmont Supercomputing Center), located
- International Centre for Theoretical
Physics (experimental server)
- National Institute for Nuclear Physics, in Trieste -
- NRC Research Area of Florence
- National Research Council: Research area documents about activity and
NRC institutes of Florence.
- University of Bologna Library Center
- It should
reach full operative status in a few months, featuring gateways to the
Hytelnet database and to the local cataloging and text retrieval systems.
(experimental in nov 93)
- Universita' degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II", Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche AND
INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare), Sezione di Napoli
- institutions officially represented by the server
- Univ. Pisa
- Also see physics department
and Department of Computer Science
- Center for Mathematics and Computer
Science, Amsterdam. See also the
FTP server .
- Eindhoven Univ. of Technology
Eindhoven Technical University. Specific
servers for Math and Comp. Sci, Elec.
Eng Design Automation, Electrical
- The Dutch High-Energy Physics
center. (Replaces nic.nikhef.nl server)
- Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut
(nuclear physics accelerator institute),
Groningen, Netherlands. VMS server.
- European IP group.
- TU Delft"
- Delft University of Technology.
- Ananse International Trade Law
- International Trade Law. We also provide local information on the Law Faculty of the University of Tromsoe. What we intend to do. (under construction in dec 93).
- BIBSYS is a shared library database for Norwegian Universities and
other research libraries, and the National Library.
- Institute of Information Technology,
University of Bergen
- Official but
- The Ludvigsen Residence
- Even though there is good reason to believe that great efforts will be
made at creating lucrative markets for variations on arcade games and
similar forms of entertainment, the fear should not be that vast
sections of the public will inevitably become vegetables.
- University of Tromsoe
- The nothernmost university of the world!
- Warsaw University Physics Department
under construction in oct 93
- University of Minho CWIS
- Campus-Wide Information System
- Universidade do Minho - Departamento de Informatica
- This server provides information about the department of computer
science, research projects, undergraduate and graduate courses,
seminars, and other stuff.
- Note .cs to change to .sk sometime.
- EUnet Slovakia
- EUnet Slovakia Information
- J. Stefan Institute
- IJS is located
in Ljubljana. This server contains
info about the J. Stefan Institute,
about Slovenia, links to other info
- University of Cantabria (UNICAN) Department of Modern Physics
- Information about High Energy Physics, Astrophysics, Theoretical Physics, Nuclear Physics, DELPHI experiment... (experimental in dec 93)
- Univ. Jaume I
- The Department of Education
of the Universitat Jaume I (Castello,
Spain). (Experimental in Sep 93)
- Chalmers Univ of Technology
to other servers at Chalmers and
to the Round Table project, most
information is in swedish.
- Linköping University's Lysator
fiction archives, MUDs, etc etc
- Swedish Universities Network
information center. Provisional,
some pointers to Swedish stuff.
- Lulea University
- LUDD (Lulea Academic
Computer Society) has an automatic
FAQ-hierarchy , and an archie interface
to the local archie.luth.se service.
- The Royal Institute of Technology
in Stockholm. See also their Department of Teleinformatics
- University of Lund
- Lund University
- Computer society at Uppsala University with a quest to collect
- CERN news
- Various groups, some more
active than others - see the full
- CERN computing documents
- A keyword
- ASIS Software Repository
- A server
for public domain and CERN software
for distribution to CERN members
only. The documentation is public.
- CA Detector Design
- Computer Aideed
Detector Design support
- CERN general information
- W3 support
for withing CERN and info about CERN,
and W3 fledglings.
- The DELPHI Experiment
- DELPHI (DEtector
with Lepton, Photon and Hadron Identification) is one of the 4 big LEP experiments
- RD13 documentation
- Documents for
the RD13 group
- Hytelnet gateway
- Server for Peter
Scott's "hytelnet" databse of telnet
- SCI project
- Scalable Coherent Interconnect
development. Under construction in
- TechInfo gateway
- Several CWISs available
- Software Technology
- Information from
STING organised by Mike Sendall.
- VXCRNA help
- The VMS help tree on
node vxcrna.cern.ch .
- WorldWideWeb support
about W3 itself, CERN entry point,
and web overviews.
University of Geneva
- univ. Geneva TECFA
- Technologies de
Formation et Apprentissage.
- Univ. Geneva CUI
- Centre Universitaire
- Univ. Geneva ExPASy
- The ExPASy molecular
(see also a sensitive map, and
a country guide to the UK)
- EPFL Lausanne LIT
- Laboratoire d'Informatique Technique.
Their various research projects are
concerned with CNS, FIP, object-oriented
- Official WWW server for EUnet Switzerland
- European Molecular Biology Network information
- is the entry point to a commonwealth of information on EMBnet, the European
Molecular Biology Network, its services and projects, its history and members.
See also EMBnet Switzerland.
- Univ Zuerich Institut fuer Informatik
University of Cambridge.
The City University, London. Contains links to other services and
maps of the area and the campus.
Contains information about the department and the School of
CityScape Internet Services Ltd.
Guides to CityScape products, their headquarters and their newletter.
Also their pub guide for Cambridge.
Cranfield Institute of Technology, Bedford.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Information and links of general interest to Mathematicians /
Theoretical Physicists / Statisticians.
University of Exeter.
Department of Computer Science
has research papers, postgraduate study details and
University of East Anglia.
Edinburgh University Computing Services.
Experimental in September, providing a
hypertext of helpful information
for new users of the UNIX operating system.
The HEPDATA High-Energy Physics database of published numerical results
organised by Mike Whalley.
University of Hull.
University of Hull.
New (Jan 94) server.
Imperial College, University of London.
UK Office of Library Networking.
Server "experimental" as of April 93.
High Performance Networks and Distributed Systems archive.
University of Manchester.
Manchester Computing Centre
will shortly be used for the Central NRS (Name Registration Scheme) database.
Computer Graphics Unit
Computer Graphics services, software, research, images, computer
graphics and scientific visualization information.
Officially mandated and representative of the CGU.
University of Newcastle.
Theory of Condensed Matter Group, Dept. of Physics.
A server for NEXUS, the UK network of student physics societies.
full hypertext archie gateways
University of Nottingham.
Communications Research Group
Information on the Department of Computer Science and the
Communications Research Group. Also includes an
archie gateway, and UK independent music scene information base.
The Public IP Exchange.
The Rutherford Appleton Lab, UK. Admin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information source of the UK SuperJANET project. (under
construction in Oct 93)
University of Sheffield.
Department of Chemistry
Its features include WebElements (periodic table database,
interactive isotope pattern calculator, and interactive element
percentage calculator) as well as
University of Sunderland.
Experimental in August 93.
University of Southampton.
Southampton University Astronomy Group.
University of Wales, College of Cardiff.
Department of Computing Mathematics (COMMA)
Links to other WWW sites in the UK.
: the Office for Library and Informatin Networking,
University of Bath.
Links to other WWW sites in the UK.
University College, London.
Department of Computer Science
including info MICE (the Multimedia Integrated Conferencing for
European Researchers) and MBONE (Multicast backbONE).
- Univ. British Columbia
- Computer Science.
Includes manual page browser and
the USENET article decoder.
- Univ. of Northern British Columbia
University of Northern British Columbia
in Prince George, British Columbia,
Canada. (under construction).
- Center for Subatomic Research , Univ.
- Department of Physics
Edmonton, Alberta CANADA (experimental
in oct 93)
- Carleton Univ: Biology department
This server is dedicated to Biology/Ecology,
to provide access to a peer-reviewed
journal in conservation biology .
Under construction in oct 93.
- Carleton Univ
- provided by the Civil
Engineering Department. (experimental
in oct 93)
- Knowledge Systems Laboratory of the National Research
Council of Canada
- The KSL does applied research in Artificial
Intelligence. We delivers technical reports
and information on our staff. There are numerous pointers
to Internet locations that will be of interest to AI
Queen's University at Kingston
- Queen's University campus information service (InfoQ).
- Universite Laval, Genie Electrique
- Centre d'Optique, Photonique et Laser -
Grands Reseaux d'energie -
Electrotechnique, Electronique de Puissance et Commande Industrielle -
Radiocommunication et Traitement du Signal -
Vision et Systemes Numeriques
- Universite de Montreal, Departement d'Informatique et Recherche Operationnelle
- Our server provides documents made by the workforce of the department,
some specialized labs (like the Multimedia lab), and our users, with
links to other interresting WWW servers. This site is officially mandated by the department's direction, and is in perpetual expension.
- Universite de Montreal, Departement de physique
- Included is a list of faculty, a description of the graduate program,
and other pertinent infomations.
This site is officially mandated by the department's direction, and is in
- CCIT Arizona
- University of Arizona
- National Optical Astronomy Observatories
(experimental in sep 93)
- Berkeley Software Design Incorporated.
- Berkeley Museum of Paleontology
- We have a fairly large and still growing
exhibit entitles "History of Life"
and a smaller exhibit of the Paleontologoical Institute of Russia
- See the WWW home page for the California Institute of Technology
in Pasadena, California
- Caltech Concurrent Supercomputing Facilities
- Provides the 1992 CCSF annual report
Manuals for the Intel Paragon parallel supercomputer, as well as Xmorphia: an interactive exhibition of pattern formation by
a partial differential equation.
- Caltech high energy theoretical physics
- under construction in oct 93
- Caltech undergraduate computer
- Caltech information and links to other resources at Caltech. This server is _not_ officially mandated by or representative of Caltech.
- Center for EUV Astrophysics
- Extreme UltraViolet Explorer satellite data and status information
- Digital Equipment Corporation
information -- technical overviews,
performance summaries, software product
descriptions (SPDs), whitepapers,
the Networks Buyers Guide, the Systems
and Options Catalog (SOC) and back
issues of the Digital Technical Journal.
Digital Corporate Research also provides
research reports , and extensive
archives of public domain software
and documentation from both the Internet
community and Digital Equipment Corporation.
- Enterprise Integration Technologies
- A R&D and consulting company specializing in information technology for
electronic commerce, collaborative engineering and agile manufacturing.
- Energy Sciences Network, U.S. Dept of Energy
- The Exploratorium
- Museum of science, art, and human
perception located in the Marina district of San Francisco. We have over
650 interactive, hands-on, exhibits.
- The Global Network Navigator
is dedicated to helping you explore
the information resources of the
global network. In GNN, you'll find
news, reviews, feature articles,
advice, commentary and interactive
- Global Village Communication
in Mountain View, California, USA.
We develop communications products
- Internet Distribution Services
- IDS provides electronic publishing and distribution of catalogs and
product information. We operates WWW, WAIS, Gopher, Anonymous FTP and
Listserv's to distribute information on the Internet.
- The InterNIC
- General Information
about the Internet
- Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- LBL has information on 1) LBL research for the lay public; 2) Information on
the Conference on CHEP 1994; 3) The Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Project;
4) LBL's Particle Data group; 5) the ACM SIGMOD Online Services; 6) and coming
soon, data and research from LBL's Human Genome Project.
- Mother Jones
- Mother Jones is a
U.S. magazine publishing exposes and progressive political commentary, and
we've got a new server with all of 1993, full text and covers (more images
- Naval Surface Warfare Center
- PHD NSWD, (previously,
NSWSES in 1993) at Port Hueneme, California.
- O'Reilly Associates
- Publisher of
online and offline material.
- Planet Earth
- Nice-looking virtual library
- San Francisco State University
- So far, the server is for demonstration purposes.
- The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
- Provides UNIX operating systems
and related solutions to the PC industry. The home page
provides access to the company overview, products,
services, 3rd party applications, and more.
- Stanford Linear Accelerator,
California. HEP preprints database
and LOTS more... also a unix server
- Stanford University
- Official. The University includes the Schools of Education, Engineering, Humanities and
Sciences, Law, and Medicine, as well as the Graduate School of Business and
numerous Centers and Institutes.
- The Stanford Center for Design Research
- The CDR explores the application of new computer technologies
in support of collaborative design. A wide array of
research projects is described. Experimental in Jan 94
- Stanford Don Geddis' Personal server
Text: Humor; Hypertext: Aiki Jujitsu;
Code: DTP theorem prover
- UCLA: InfoUCLA
- The University of
California at Los Angeles' official
- UCLA TEP group
- Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics Group at the University of
California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- UCLA Underground
- A competitive information
service run by the Computer Aided
Design Lab . (They also run a biorhythm
- Xerox PARC
- Palo Alto Research Center.
- Xerox PARC Web2 Server
- Home of the Digital Tradition (a data base containing the words and music to
thousands of folk songs).
- The Astrophysics Data System
is a NASA-sponsored program which
offers a novel approach to dealing
with huge quantities of geographically
distributed and heterogeneous data
from a broad range of astrophysics
- Ellery Systems, Inc.
- Contains information
both about our company and our distributed
- The National Center for Atmospheric
Research (NCAR), is an NSF-funded
supercomputing center and a member
of the National Conortia for High
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- You can (soon) find out a lot of
what's going on at the University of Colorado at Boulder and the
- XOR Network Engineering
- a company
that provices a full range of network
engineering and system support services.
- Spirit of UConn
- Library resources with various CDROM archives and
GIS/Census database. Home of ArchNet, an archaeological resource focusing on Northeastern
United States archaeology
- Trinity College
- There are many things on this server, most notable of which is the Trincoll
Journal - a multimeda magazine.
- United Technologies Research Center
- The UTRC WWW server provides published papers, job postings,
and information about United Technologies Research Center.
- University of Connecticut Health
- Center for Neuroscience, Farmington,
- Yale University
- Primarily the departments
of Computer Science, Math, Psychology,
the "Zoo" (an undergraduate computing
lab), Parallel Supercomputing, and
Applied and Theoretical Neurosciences.
Here is the local Home Page.
- University of Delaware EE/CIS joint computer network
- Welcome to the University of Delaware EE/CIS joint computer lab WWW
District of Columbia
- US Naval Research Lab
Machine Facility US Naval Research
- Florida State University Math Department
- Our server provides local information, and links to many places all over the
Web, including a Skydiving! server, weather information, and even cartoons.
- Computone Corporation
of data communications hardware and software.
Current product data sheets, software release notes, and update drivers are
- Georgia State University
- under construction in Jan 94
- Georgia Institute of Technology Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
- With in our database are text, movies, and images on Animation, Image Understanding, Medical Informatics, Scientific Visualization, Software Visualization, Virtual Environments. Plus Access to GVU Technical Reports, The GVU Users's Guide, The WWW User Survey, and more!
- University of Georgia Botany Department
- Work is currently being done on problems
extending from molecular genetic regulatory mechanisms to the ecology of acid
- Honolulu Community College
- FNAL Astro
- Astrophysics support at
FNAL. (Includes TCL help files BTW)
- Documentation from online
and offline groups. Also at FNAL,
experimental servers in FnalA Theory
, D0 , ACCESS user consultancy .
- HEP Network Resource Center
at Fermilab. Runs the High Energy
Physics Information Center (HEPIC).
- National Center for Supercomputing
Applictions, Urbana Champain, IL,
- The Northwestern Univ. Dep. of Mathematics
This server contains information
about the department and items of
interest to its faculty and students.
- Northwestern University, Network
- The US Army Construction Engineering
Research Laboratories. They use GRASS
(Geographic Resources Analysis Support
- Argonne National Lab
- The Argonne
National Laboratory, Advanced Photon
Source, Controls and Computing Group
Information Server. They use EPICS
(Experimental Physics and Industrial
- Indiana University School of Law - Bloomington
- Includes the Federal Communications
Law Journal and the Global
Legal Studies Journal.
- Notre Dame High Energy Physics Group
- It provides some information on out high energy physics
program and our university as well as links to most of the other HEP
- univ. Indiana
- Computer Science dept.
Experimental in Mar 93.
- IU Law School
- Indiana University
School of Law. In an experimental
- univ. Kansas
- Campus-wide system in
- The University of Kansas Telecommunications
and Information Sciences Laboratory
(works on high speed networks, digital
signal processing, simulation of
communications systems and networks).
- Kansas State University
- Dept. of
Computing and Information Sciences
- Louisiana State University Office
of Computing Services. (under construction
in oct 93)
- Louisiana tech
- CWIS and pointers
- Northwestern State University
- Primarily carries information relating to the university and
it operations. Early plans also include placing the University's
Nasa Affiliated Space Science group on this server.
- The Jackson Laboratory
Genetics - Research, Resources, and
Training. This server has information
of interest to the biological community.
- The Agricultural Genome
- at the National Agricultural Library which
is part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. see our README file.
- The National Library of Medicine
is the world's largest library dealing
with a single scientific/professional
topic. It cares for over 4.5 million
holdings (including books, journal,
reports, manuscripts and audio-visual
- RML at NIH
- Rob's Multimedia Laboratory
at National Institutes of Health
- The STELAR project, part of
NASA's Astrophysics Data Facility.
Astronomical information and bibliographic
databases at NASA's Goddard Space
- Space Telescope Science Institute
Space Telescope Electronic Information
- the University of Maryland at College
Park Department of Computer Science
has set up two servers, one run by
a faculty member (and not using http),
the other run by graduate students
. Both are under construction in
- Harvard University Physics Department
- It has mostly items of local interest, but there are pointers to a few
documents which may be useful to a wider community.
- Marine Biological Laboratory
- The server provides access to the lab's course listings,
laboratory documentation, and access to other Woods Hole-based
- MIT SIPB
- Student Information processing
Board, gatewaying AFS, the Discuss
bulletin board system, the Geographic
Nameserver, US National Weather
information, Amateur Radio Callsign
- MIT AI Lab
- The MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, including a
searchable index of the AI Lab publications bibliography.
- MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science
- The Tech
- "MIT's oldest and largest
- "Usenet University -- New
Network Academy" . A virtual university
project. Host may change.
- National Consortium for High
Performance Computing. The server
is operating experimentally.
- Boston University
- includes information
on scientific computing and the computational
science groups at B.U.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst,
- Astronomical research project
information, Graduate Program Brochure,
and departmental directories.
- Classics and Mediterranean Archaeology
Department of Classical Studies,
University of Michigan
- Michigan State University
See MSU Unix Computing Group's home
- Oakland University
- Oakland University
Information, and access to Oak
SimTel mirror) (unaccessible in Oct
- The University of Michigan School of Information and
- Listings of current SILS and ILS-related information
- Army High Performance Computing
Research Center, university led research
and educational consortium.
- The Geometry Center at the University
- is pleased to announce
that it is now running a Web server.
The server contains, among other
things, the illustration from the
October 1993, Scientific American
- St. Olaf College
- Mississippi State University
- Data Research
- Variety of reference and research
information. Several experimental databases are available including
the Library of Congress bibliographic and authority databases. Other
databases are available only by subscription.
- The Maize Genome Database project
Operated by the USDA MAize Genome
Database Project located at the University
of Missouri -- Columbia, and provides
access to Maize-related information.
Experimental in nov 93.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
about the University and the various
departments, and a listing for local
- AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Bibliography on computer networking
- Rutgers University INFO
- The Rutgers Campus-Wide Information
System. Information about departments, services, and
events from throughout the University.
- Astrophysics: Sloan Digital
- Los Alamos
- Physics Information Service
- Los Alamos National Laboratory.
See also the CNLS (Centre for Nonlinear
- AskERIC is geared towards providing information on the process of
education to the k-12 community and those interested in education.
(under construction in dec 93)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
laboratory that carries out basic
and applied research in the physical,
biomedical and environmental sciences
and in selected energy technologies.
- Cornell Information Technologies
(C.I.T.) Computer HelpDesk
- It contains information
on computing at cornell and the use of computers and the network in general
as well as access to several of Cornell's computer services.
- Cornell Law School
- Ithaca, New York,
USA. Contains legal information (US
Intellectual Property Statutes etc
- Cornell Theory Center
- includes links
to extensive online information system
about supercomputing architectures
- Cornell Wilson Lab
- Serving information about the high-energy physics program at Wilson
Lab, CLEO collaboration preprints, and related information.
- Commercial service which
delivers advertising and marketing information to the Internetsuch as a
Global Real Estate Guide.
We also provide public services guides such as a
Missing Kids Guide.
- State University of New York
Brook. See their Physics Department
- The SUNY/Buffalo Geography Department
You Are Here server (which takes
your hostname (or any other) and
tries to display it on the map),
and information and research exhibits
from the NSF-funded National Center
for Geographic Information and Analysis.
(under construction in nov 93)
- U of Rochester Lancelot's W3 server
- We provide gateways to GlobalMUSH (a text based interactive virtual
environment) with a global-community theme, references to the Bible, Monty
Python scripts, some photographic materials data, work on a text-based VR environment with
images and online data, and other things.
- The Clearinghouse for Networked
Information Discovery and Retrieval
at North Carolina's MCNC.
- North Carolina State University
- This server contains links to NCSU administrative and academic
information. It includes an archive of
information and tools as well as an
Amateur Radio system.
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Includes US Politics,
Sun Freeware, Multimedia. You should
have a look at the EXPO , including
4 multimedia exhibits: Vatican ,
Soviet Archive , 1492 , Dead Sea
- UNC Institute for Transportation
Research and Education
- The subjects
covered by this server include transportation,
highways, education, geographic information
systems, ARC/INFO, satellite television,
Raleigh, and North Carolina.
- Wake Forest University
- Contains Deacons
On-Line - the campus-wide information
system - , research documents available
to the public; on-line user's guide
- , the guide to the university's
academic computing system, a Unix
- Case Western Reserve University
- All Web and Gopher servers at CWRU are accessible through this
experimental "Campus Root" server. It also includes lots of
campus information and pointers to external resources.
- Morning Star Technologies
Star Technologies makes products
for low-cost IP connectivity: SLIP,
PPP, Frame Relay, X.25. This WWW
and FTP server represents, and is
officially supported by, the company.
- Ohio State University
- Lots of indexed
hypertext: unix man pages (indexed),
RFCs, gateways into various things.
- University of Toledo Department of Biology
- Provides links and documents of
immediate interest to the faculty and students of the department.
- Oklahoma State University Mathematics Department
- University of Oregon
- This is the official home page for the University of Oregon
- univ. Pennsylvania
- Experimental as
- Carnegie Mellon School of Computer
- The English Server
- We offer many
texts not available elsewhere on
the Internet, primarily of interest
to humanities scholars
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
PSC's mission is to provide advanced
- Brown Univ. HEP
- The Brown High Energy
- Brown Univ. Physics
- The Brown University
Department of Physics (under construction
in oct 93)
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory Environmental Sciences Division
- This server has been
established to provide the public with information about ORNL and ESD
research and develop activities. Any comments or suggestions are
welcome and appreciated.
- Superconducting Supercollider
- W.M. Keck Center for Genome Informatics,
Institute of Biosciences and Technology,
Texas A&M University, Houston
- Univ. of Texas-Houston
- Health Science
Center Campus Wide Information
- Brigham Young University CS Department
- General information about the CS
department including faculty, course listings, facilities listing, an
online floorplan of the CS building, announcements, and links
to the research laboratory.
- Brigham Young University Laboratory for Applied Logic
- Provides access to our LAL tech library, and online
documentation to the HOL proof assistant, support for courses (soon), with
exercises, errata to the textbook, and FAQs online.
- The Dixie College Center of Excellence
St. George, Utah, USA
- Univ. Vermont EMBA
- University of
Vermont Engineering, Maths and Business
- Unix. Vermont Library
- Journals available
through the Scholarly Communications
- NASA LaRC
- Primarily in aeronautics,
but there is some space, computing,
and life sciences
- US Geological Survey: a scientific
fact-finding and research organization,
and the principal source of scientific
and technical expertise in the earth
sciences within the Federal Government.
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and State University. Experimental
- VTLS, Inc.
- VTLS Inc. is a private, for-profit corporation with headquarters in Blacksburg,
Virginia. Our mission is to develop, market, and support innovative library
automation and information system products.
- The American Astronomical Society
- The AAS server
contains information on the Society, meeting schedules, abstracts, a staff
directory and an HTML version of the AAS Job Register.
- Univ. of Washington: Physics HyperTexts:
Charm Studies, Underwater Astrophysics,
- Univ. of Washington High Energy Physics
- Home page for the High Energy
- Univ. of Washington Nuclear Physics
- Among other things, this
gives access to a hypertext version
of the 1993 Annual Report of the
UW Nuclear Physics Laboratory.
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
service - both in hebrew and English,
asssumes a VT terminal with hebrew
characters. See also their TeX database
See Japan's geography, or list of servers in Japanese
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
Biodiversity, australian plants.
( Catalogue )
- ANU Bioinformatics
- Research School
of Biological Sciences & Centre for
Information Science Research at the
Australian National University. BioInformatics
- the Australian Environmental
Resources Information Network
- Monash VIFP
- Victorian Institute of
- Mt Stromlow Observatory
- Mount Stromlow
and Siding Spring Observatory
- The National Library of Australia
- University of Sydney
Basser Department of Computer Science (information about the department and its current research);
The Written Web (Communication rather than
purely information technology)
- Chiba Univ.
- Ikeda Lab., Chiba University, Chiba, Japan.
Serving Information on
International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC),
International Commission on Illumination (CIE),
Graphical Symbols standardized in IEC Publication 417; and
color paintings with background music, etc.
- Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
Information about Hokkaido(in Japanese) and
Information about Sapporo city(in English)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
- Keio Univ.
- The Faculty of Science and
Technology (Yagami Campus) and
Shonan Fujisawa Campus
have their own home page. These home pages have pointers to
other WWW servers located in each campus.
- KEK, Tsukuba, Japan. Experimental only.
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Japan.
It's named "SHiKA" .
It has Campus-information, Kansai-area Informaion and so on.
- National Cancer Center, Tokyo, Japan.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Tokyo, Japan.
Serving Japanese Information corner of the web,
NTT What's New for New information
of the web, etc.
- Univ. of Tokyo
- University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.WWW server for the
at the Department of Information Science, University of Tokyo.
- Dept. of Computer Science, Ube College.
- Univ. of Tsukuba
- Institute of Mathematics,University of Tsukuba.
- SunSITE Japan
- The SunSITE Japan Project is managed by the Information Processing
Center, Science University of Tokyo in collaboration with Nihon Sun
- Osaka Univ.
- Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
Department of Applied Molecular Science (SOUKAN), IMS.
- Department of Applied Molecular Science
Institute for Molecular Science (IMS),
Research Institutes. Myodaiji, Okazaki 444, Japan.
Computer Center Institute for Molecular Science (CCIMS)
- Computer Center Institute for Molecular Science (CCIMS),
Research Institutes. Myodaiji, Okazaki 444, Japan.
- Meiji Univ.
- Meiji University. Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
- University of Waikato
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO -
TE WHARE WANANGA O WAIKATO
- Victoria Univ. of Wellington
Please do not abuse the
- VUW Phone book
- Students and Staff.
- National University of Singapore
- BioWWW server. information
available from the National University
of Singapore, Singapore Technology
Network TECHNET, and the Biocomputing
Interest Group BIG.
- Singapore Technology Network.
Singapore's Island Wide Research
and Development Network is set up
by National Science and Technology
Board of Singapore (NSTB) and managed
by National University of Singapore
- Singapore National Computer Board
- (unaccessible in oct 93)
- the Tung Nan Junior College of Technology
under construction in nov 93
- The National Electronics and
Computer Technology Center. General
information about Thailand
- RNP - Rede Nacional de Pesquisa (National Research Network)
- Central WWW server of RNP. Provides access to most WWW, gopher
and ftp servers in Brazil.
(see sensitive map)
DCC, Departament of Computer Science, University of Chile
- Official information of the DCC (Dpt of Comp Sc) and unofficial
info of the country. Also has connection to multiple servers
Restricted or difficult access
- The sunsite repository being set
up bu UNC Chapel Hill. (Experimental).
- Xerox PARC
- Private: Access from Xerox.com
only. System33 document server.
- CIS Informationsdienst
- The information
service from the Centrum fuer Informations
und Sprachverarbeitung von Muenchen
(don't panic: they also have it in
English !) Experimental, very slow
line :-(. Times out.
- OMT group
- Private web.
- FNAL DAQ
- not public - Jon Streets
- VOICE magazine
- The first global online
hypertext magazine? Ed. Tom Boutell
Gone? Was http://isis.cshl.org.:80/main.html